Kites International Sárl, Chemin des Quatre-Vents 7E, 1166 Perroy, Switzerland is a Destination Management & Conference (DMC) and Meetings Incentive Conferences & Events (MICE) management agency and as such work and operate in many countries. On May 25, 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), will come into effect. (“Kites Int.”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy by complying with the new EU legislation law.
It is in our business processes to constantly review and improve our services to meet client demand. To achieve our function as DMC & MICE we collect and store private and confidential information, including personal data of our clients. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously with password and encryption protection.
To provide our services effectively and efficiently we require certain aspects of your data, by refusing to allow us to process your data it will make the management of your event an almost impossible task. By providing personal data to Kites Int., you agree to be legally bound by and explicitly consent to this Data Protection Statement, as it may be amended from time to time. If you do not agree to this Data Protection Statement or cannot form a legally binding contract, Kites Int., will not be able to process your personal data.
Scope of this Data Protection Statement
This Data Protection Statement applies to all services offered by Kites Int.
This Data Protection Statement does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals. This Data Protection Statement does not cover the information practices of other companies and organizations who advertise Kites Int., services or any third party operating any website to which the Kites Int. website or other digital asset may contain a link.
Data collected and method of collection
Kites int., collects general and personal data concerning you from you when you provide your details to Kites Int. its Clients (in such cases, Client must ensure that it is entitled to disclose such data and that you are aware of the various matters detailed in this Data Protection Statement);
- a) Participants at Client’s conferences, meetings and events organized by Kites Int.
- b) Users of Kites Int., or Client’s websites; and third parties (such as online service provider or single sign on authority).
- c) Following the reception of the data, an electronic profile is created in Kites Int., proprietary tools for each person or entity (Client Summary).
- d) The Client Summary may contain but is not limited to:
- e) Full Name
- f) Gender
- g) Date of Birth
- h) Passport or Identity card details (number and place of issue)
- i) Full Home address
- j) Contact Details, email, mobile number, home number & office number
- k) Position and department within the organisation
- l) Credit card details
- m) Flight, train, car, travel details (arrival and departure)
- n) Personal preferences
- o) Dietary or any religious eating preferences
- p) Accompanying spouse / partner / family member details
- q) Visa details
- r) Personal size for clothing and shoes (used in rental of equipment)
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
to enable certain functions of the website,
to provide analytics,
to store your preferences and to personalize the content,
to improve the user experience
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, some features of our website may not function properly, you may not be able to store all of your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Purpose of data collection
At Kites Int., we use the data collected to protect and improve the overall quality of our services. Data collection also protects Kites Int., and its users. In addition to creating Client Summaries, we use your data for the following purposes and for which you give your consent:
1) On Line Registration: The Client Summaries are stored in a database as a reference document to be consulted each time a booking is to be made. When a booking is made, Kites Int., creates a booking reference which contains all of the personal data along with the booking information needed to fulfil your request and to fulfil regulatory requirements for certain destinations. To secure reservations we might need to transfer personal data to various third-party travel suppliers (hotels, ground transfer companies and local event agencies) within your home country or in another country where you may be traveling and to government bodies for certain destinations.
2) Promotion and marketing: Kites Int., may use your data for promotion and marketing its services and or new products.
3) Technical data: Kites Int., or third parties instructed by Kites Int., to evaluate this data purely for statistical purposes and only in an anonymised form, in order to optimize our websites and improve user-friendliness, efficiency and safety. Kites Int., may in particular use technical data to measure the success of Kites Int., marketing campaigns, compile statistics on our website usage and response rates.
4) Other purposes: Kites Int., may use your data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Kites Int., terms and conditions; (e) to protect Kites Int., operations; (f) to protect Kites Int., rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow Kites Int., to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that Kites Int., may sustain.
Kites Int., will ask your consent before using data for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Statement subject to mandatory laws.
5) Duration of storage: General and personal data will be kept by Kites Int., only as long as reasonably necessary taking into consideration its need to answer queries or resolve problems, to provide improved and new services and to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws or with inquiries from Clients on past events or travel activities. Kites Int., will retain general and personal data during a maximum period of 10 years if no specific legal requirement.
6) Location of storage: The Client Summaries to which Kites Int., maintains are stored in a cloud-based central database at a third-party provider’s location in Switzerland. The purpose and content of our central database are determined by Kites Int., Switzerland.
7) Your duties: you must ensure that the data you provide us with are; correct, accurate, current and compliant with any applicable laws.
8) Transfer and communication of data: Kites int., operates across the globe. Your personal data may therefore be transferred to and outside of Switzerland, including in countries whose data protection laws may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. You agree and give your consent to Kites Int., to transfer and communicate your data as follows:
8.1) Transfers are made throughout Kites Int., to support its activities and/or services.
8.2) Transfer to third-parties: Kites Int., works with certain third-party providers to obtain support services in connection with its destination management, conferences, meetings and event services, namely hotels, ground transfer, local event agencies, restaurants, incentive providers, badge providers and merchandisers for personal gifts or use.
8.3) Regulatory transfers: Kites int., may be required by law to transfer data to governments and regulatory and/or supervisory authorities.
9) Electronic transfer of data: when you visit our websites, your data will be transported via an open publicly accessible network. The data might therefore be transmitted across national borders even if you and Kites Int., are located in Switzerland. This involves notably the risk that your data may be intercepted and read by third parties. You are notified that information you transmit or allow to be transmitted to you by Kites Int., via an electronic medium, in particular via email, SMS, contact forms, etc. are usually unencrypted and therefore neither confidential nor secure. Even in the event of an encrypted transmission, sender and recipient remain unencrypted in each case. Third parties may therefore be able to infer an existing or future business relationship between you and Kites Int.
If you provide Kites Int., with personal information, your personal data may be transferred by Kites Int., to countries whose data protection laws may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence as set forth above. Your personal data may in particular be transferred to the United States. You are hereby notified that your personal data might be accessed by governmental authorities in such countries (in particular by US authorities).
10) Security and organizational measures: To ensure the safety of your data on Kites Int., website and systems, we have implemented appropriate technical, contractual, administrative, physical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, unauthorized access, accidental or unlawful disclosure and manipulation. These measures are subject to continuous development in accordance with technological progress and are periodically reviewed to comply with all applicable privacy laws. However, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal data and therefore cannot assume any liability in this respect.
Only authorized Kites Int., staff, third party companies’ (i.e. service providers) staff or our Clients’ authorized staff (who have contractually agreed to keep all information secure) have access to your personal data. All Kites Int., staff who have access to your personal data are required to adhere to the staff confidentiality regulations and all third-party employees who have access to your personal data have signed non-disclosure agreements. In addition, data transfer agreements are in place with third-party companies that have access to your personal data to make sure these data remain secure.
11) Changes & Amendments: This Statement may be revised and updated by Kites Int., to comply with statutory data protection and privacy laws as and when issued or updated.
12) How to stop a newsletter from Kites Int.: Kites Int., will send from time to time (once a month) news regarding / related to our core business. You will be able to unsubscribe at all times from these newsletters by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each newsletter.
13) Do you have any rights over your personal data? Yes, you can at any time ask us what data we have on you and ask us to be deleted from our database under the “opt-out box”.